The A21 course will give you foundation training and assessment in operating and maintaining a wheeled loading shovel through a combination of classroom based learning and practical instruction.
- Undertake all pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures, mount and dismount
- Explain precautions to be taken for underground and overhead services and other hazards
- Prepare and configure the wheeled loading shovel for site and road travel
- Place the machine in an out of service condition
- Carry out excavations from an embankment of different materials and form stockpiles and ramps
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Explain loading/unloading procedures for machine transportation
To be determined upon application and confirmation of experience.