The A56 Articulated Chassis course will give you foundation training and assessment in operating and maintaining dump trucks with an articulated chassis. You will recognise the risks associated with quick hitch devices and find out how to use them safely.
- Operating the machine to a minimum standard
- Fitting and operating ancillary equipment
- Siting the machine safely and efficiently
- Carrying out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Preparing the machine for travelling on the public highway
- The capabilities of each machine, its purpose and limitations
- All safety precautions necessary for the correct operation of the machine
- How diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate
- Which routine adjustments and servicing procedures are necessary, and how to carry them out.
To be determined upon application and confirmation of experience.