The A34 Crawler – Tractor/Dozer course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based learning and practical training.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use plant checks
- Configure and set for site travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces
- Manoeuvre the plant equipment in confined spaces
- Configure and set for excavating duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Construct ramps and form and shape stockpiles
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials
- Carry out plant equipment shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
To be determined upon application and confirmation of experience.