The A26 Mobile Elevating Work Platform – Boom course will provide thorough practical and theory plant training in operating a MEWPS – Boom, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Check emergency lowering functions
- Configure and set for site travel
- Travel over level surfaces (all types) and uneven terrain (self propelled)
- Explain travel procedures and precautions on inclines
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set for accessing duties
- Position the platform to access a work position
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Access working points up to full operating height and reach
- Travel with a raised platform (relevant endorsement)
- Carry out plant shut down and securing procedures
To be determined upon application and confirmation of experience.